WELCOME TO HURIPEC
The Human Rights and Peace Centre (HURIPEC), a semi-autonomous department under the School of Law was set up by Makerere University in 1993, as the first human rights centre of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. Although several human rights-related subjects were already being taught at the Faculty of Law, HURIPEC was established solely to foster on teaching, research and activism on human rights and peace issues at the University.
- Event: The Launch of Volume 26, Issue 2 of the EAJPHR. December 5, 2020
- Statement on Violence, Excessive Use of Force and Blatant Violations of Human Rights during the Electoral Process in November 2020 December 4, 2020
- Foreword to the Second Issue of Volume 26 of the East Africa Journal of Peace and Human Rights 2020. December 2, 2020
- HURIPEC Webinar on Social Policy in Uganda and Covid-19 May 30, 2020
- LLD Scholarship on Militarization, Human Rights and Development in Uganda May 20, 2020
Research, Publication & Advocacy
Events (Outgoing & Upcoming)
Yes! We are Here to Help
Some of our Partners
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep you updated on the relevant topics and news.
FIND HURIPEC AT:-
Human Rights and Peace Centre,
School of Law, Makerere University.
P.O.BOX 7062 Kampala, Uganda