On the 17th day of November 2021, HURIPEC in conjunction with the Centre for Resolution of International Conflicts (CRIC) held a big debate on “The Role of the Military in Development” at the HURIPEC premises, Makerere University, School of Law.
The panelists for the big debate were;
- Ms Sarah Bireete, Executive Director, Center for Constitutional Governance (CCG)
- Major General Henry Masiko, Chief Political Commissar, Uganda People’s Defence Forces
- Brig General Felix Kulayigye, Director, Mindset Change and Ideology at Operation wealth
- Prof Frederick Jjuuko, an Advocate and Professor of Law and Jurisprudence, Makerere
- Dr Simba Sallie Kayunga, a political science lecturer at Makerere University
The debate was moderated by Mr. Charles Odongtho, a Ugandan Journalist, Talk show host at UBC, a lawyer by profession and former talk show host of the NBS Frontline.
We complied a report for the debate and is now available for public viewing.
You can access a copy of the report via the link below.